There are numerous fitness supplements being sold in the current market. Nitric oxide capsules are some of the most popular ones. They are designed to speed up your workout recovery time, thus allowing you to go back to the gym without any delay. But did you know that your body can produce its own stash of nitric oxide?
Various steps may be taken to increase nitric oxide levels, and one of them is by doing the nitric oxide dump. It’s a form of exercise that takes no more than 5 minutes to complete.
What’s so nice about the nitric oxide dump workout is that you can do it practically anywhere and anytime. Also, there is no need for you to get your hands on any special exercise equipment — your own body weight is enough. The nitric oxide dump workout, for best results, should be performed up to 3 times per day.
Before we discuss how this form of workout is done, let us first talk about what is nitric oxide and why it’s a good idea to have enough of it in the body.
Nitric oxide is a type of gas. It is also sometimes referred to as NO for short, which is also its chemical name as every molecule of it consists of one molecule of nitrogen and one molecule of oxygen. As mentioned earlier, your body can make its own supply of nitric oxide. The gas is produced and stored in the inner layer of your blood vessels.
Speaking of which, it is your blood vessels that primarily benefit from nitric oxide. That’s because the presence of the gas causes them to dilate or widen. Having dilated or widened blood vessels benefits you in that it’s key to lowering the blood pressure. Further, it improves blood circulation. Perhaps you are familiar with a drug called nitroglycerine, which is placed under the tongue when a person is experiencing angina or chest pain. Well, nitroglycerine works as it promotes nitric oxide generation to improve blood circulation, thus allowing the heart muscles to get enough oxygen.
This ability of nitric oxide to boost oxygen supply is what makes nitric oxide capsules extremely helpful for people who are into fitness. By allowing the muscles to be supplied with sufficient amounts of oxygen, recovery time from working out is considerably reduced. This makes it possible to return to the gym without waiting for a long time. Other than speeding up muscle recovery, many other nitric oxide health perks exist:
· Alleviated erectile dysfunction. Men who are into pumping iron are not the only ones that could benefit from nitric oxide. Those who are suffering from erectile dysfunction (the inability to obtain an erection and keep it, too, for intercourse) may also benefit from it. Such is due to the fact that the gas can improve blood circulation, which permits a male with erectile dysfunction to attain as well as maintain an erection.
· Reduced diabetes complications. There are many complications associated with diabetes, and a lot of them stem from the fact that diabetes can damage the blood vessels and reduce circulation. This is why nitric oxide may help fend off and even reverse diabetes complications such as nerve damage in the extremities and foot infections. By the way, some studies suggest that nitric oxide may also improve blood sugar control.
· Strengthened immune system. Earlier, we mentioned that nitric oxide dilates or widens the blood vessels, which is why it helps improve circulation. Well, it’s not just blood that is circulated better all over the body but also immune cells. It’s because of this why the intake of nitric oxide capsules may help boost the immune system, thus lowering a person’s risk of catching the cold and flu, and keep infections from worsening.·
· Improved cognitive functioning. Some people take nitric oxide capsules to enjoy better concentration and sharper memory. The supplement helps the brain get enough oxygen-rich blood, which is important for its health and proper functioning. Numerous studies suggest that nitric oxide’s other brain benefits may include release from depression, as well as lowered risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
Prior to taking nitric oxide capsules to enjoy the benefits mentioned above, consult your doctor first. This is especially true if you have a known medical condition or are taking prescription drugs.
But why take it in supplement form when you can simply encourage your body to produce more of it?
This brings us to the crux of this article: how to do nitric oxide dumps to speed up muscle recovery as well as keep the muscles in tip-top shape — and of course to bring about all the perks stated above. So without further ado, here are the easy steps to take when doing the nitric oxide dump workout:
- Perform 10 squats. There are a couple of things that you should remember when performing squats. First, you should do them correctly to engage the right muscles as well as prevent injuring yourself. Second, you should do them in rapid successions. Do you have a knee injury or knee pain? Feel free to make your squats shallower.
- Perform 10 arm raises. Swing one arm to your side at a 90-degree. Bring it back to your side and do the other arm. Refrain from swinging your arms any higher or any lower. Also, keep your body from swaying from side to side while doing alternating arm raises to promote better dumping of nitric oxide.·
- Perform 10 jumping jacks. Before beginning this part of the nitric oxide dump workout, take note that there is no need for you to jump. Start by placing your fists in front of your upper thighs, and then swing them quickly over your head, allowing your fists to touch one another. Go back to the starting position and repeat.
That’s it — you just completed the entire nitric oxide dump workout! Because there is no need to remember all kinds of exercises, it’s easy to perform each time. Do everything 3 times a day for the best results.
If you’re not someone who is into anything physical nitric oxide dump may also be attained without doing any exercise. You can try eating foods that are proven to help improve nitric oxide production by the body. Some of those that you may try including in your diet regularly for regular dumps of the gas include:
· Organ meats
· Fatty fish
· Citrus fruits
· Leafy green vegetables
· Red wine
Here’s something that will surely turn your mouth into some sort of a landfill for your saliva: dark chocolate. Yes, something as decadent as this treat can help improve nitric oxide dump and bring all sorts of health perks!
If you have a news tip, correction or comment, let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org